Always Call or Click Before You Dig.
It’s Easy. It’s Free. And, it’s the Law!
Call 1-800-DIG-RITE, 811 or online to place a locate request. By law, you are required to make your locate request 3 working days before you plan to dig. Week-ends, State and Federal Holidays do not count toward the 3 working days. Click here to view the legally declared state and federal holidays in Missouri.
Safe Digging is No Accident. Electric, Gas, Water, Sewer, Telephone and Cable lines are buried everywhere and some are only an inch or two below the ground's surface. A job as small as planting a tree or installing a mailbox or fence can damage underground facilities.
By notifying Missouri One Call, you will be able to place a locate request to notify the utilities of when and where you plan to dig.
A locate request provides the information to the utility companies that they need to find your dig site and mark their underground facilities.
Avoid serious injury or death and expensive damage to property and utility lines by placing a locate request to have your underground lines marked.
Safe Digging Education
Safe digging is everyone’s responsibility. It’s a free service to notify Missouri One Call of your planned excavation to help prevent damages that may result in fines, utility service interruption and injury or even death. The 5 short video segments below detail how to dig safely.
Please be ready with the following information when you call in your locate:
- Start date (The day you plan to start digging)
- Your contact information
- On-Site contact information
- Type of work you will be doing
- Type of Equipment you will be using
- Who the work is being done for
- Will there be trenchless excavation or explosives involved
- Know the depth you plan to dig
- The county, city and nearest cross street to the dig site
- Where on the property the underground utilities need to be located (example – front, rear, or sides of the property).